Monday, April 22, 2013

DIY Lip Exfoliator! Works like magic.

Hello friends! Today I was experimenting with creating a lip exfoliator, I usually use sugar and honey, but today I tried out a different method that has seemed to work wonders.
Although visible results straight after using a DIY recipe can be skeptical, I kid you not.
This recipe has probably been used elsewhere but I was just experimenting today (as I stated above) and thought I should share with you.

What you need:
1 tsp of Honey
1/4 tsp of Olive Oil
1/2 tsp of Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp of Sugar (can use 'raw' sugar, but I don't have that at hand)




















(Sugar looks heaped, but I levelled it when adding to bowl.)

Method: 
Add Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Honey into a bowl, mix ingredients until combined.
Place bowl into microwave and microwave for 15 seconds (on high). This should turn into a runny liquid when taken out of the microwave. Mix.
Add sugar and again mix until all the ingredients are combined and it looks like this;

























To Use: 
If you haven't used a lip scrub (or exfoliator) before, the technique is very simple.
Grab a pinch of the concoction and place onto lips, gently scrub in circular motion for about 15-30 seconds. (It is a bit painful, but it removes the dead skin cells from your lips and makes them super soft!)
Rinse off with water and apply a lip balm or moisturiser of some sort.

Storage:
I used a small jar to put my lip scrub in.
To lengthen shelf life you can put it in the fridge, but the due by date depends on what oils you use. Before using it, smell it, if it smells a bit off, don't use it!

(Don't mind my chickens in the picture above, they were fascinated by the yellow ribbon on the jar.)















This simple, yet affective DIY project can be given as a gift to somebody, simply put the lip scrub into a miniature jar and add a bow (and possibly other decretive bits and pieces).
Remember to add instructions on how to use it!
Hope you are all having a lovely day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment